Get paid To Promote at any Location

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Skinny like Twiggy, that's me.


BlackBook April 2011 Issue
Photography
by Santiago Sierra
Styling by Christopher Campbell
Hair by Alex Polillo @ Starworksartists.com
Makeup by Mai Guynh for Mark Cosmetics @ The Wall Group


On her personal style: "I’m so lucky to have the best hairdressers and fashion stylists in the world. When I’m at premieres, however, I can’t wait to get home and put on my baggy pants. The glamour of Hollywood is such a myth. I can’t help worrying that I’ll trip on my heels, or that my makeup is smudging all over my face."

On her new role in Jane Eyre: "Jane is such a modern character. If you put her in contemporary society, she’d be running Parliament. There’s something so remarkable about a woman who feels worthy of respect regardless of her social status."

On her instant fame: "I’ve since cut off all my hair so I don’t get approached by Alice fans anymore, but at the time it was such a shock. I just really needed to get out of LA. Actors get used to doing things a certain way: we have people who dress us, and people who drive us. There’s a lot of babying that comes with the job, but when I’m back home, where there’s currently seven of us—my mom, my dad, my brother, my sister, her boyfriend, and their newborn—cramped into a little house, I’m definitely brought back down to earth. It’s like, ‘Mia! Take out the garbage!’ They don’t let me get away with anything, which is good."


Prada Spring 2011 Jacket. Earrings by Dolce & Gabbana.

Doing a Twiggy homage isn't the newest fashion editorial idea under the sun, but when you've got a gal who doesn't so much resemble her as embody the characteristics that made her an icon (which is better), and when the current crop of styles owes an awful lot to swinging '60s pop-style fashion, then it seems a no-brainer to once again dip from that well. It's a fun, stylish, eye-pleasing editorial and Mia is endearing and charismatic throughout. We wish she'd learn to close her mouth more, but then again, Twiggy was known for that herself.

When is that fabulous outside-the-rim '60s eyeliner going to make a return? Drag queens have been deploying it for decades, which, come to think of it, probably answers the question as to why the average gal doesn't want to go there.

Bally Spring 2011 Dress. Sunglasses by Linda Farrow Luxe.


Michael Kors Spring 2011 Dress. Earrings by Erickson Beamon.


Michael Kors Spring 2010 Necklace.


Burberry Prorsum Spring 2011 Dress. Earrings by Dolce & Gabbana. Tights by We Love Colors.


Lanvin Spring 2011 Blouse and Skirt. Earrings by Erickson Beamon.


Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 Dress and Earrings. Tights by We Love Colors.


[Photo Credit: Santiago Serra via blackbookmag.com, style.com, elle.com]


Post a Comment

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online