Why is everyone ragging on Facebook for this?
It's not as if they invented it.
Foursquare, Loopt and Gowalla have had these types of apps for many many months.
+1
because it's turned on by default. it should be off by default (IMO) and then turned on as an option. many people aren't aware that Facebook's new "features" are almost always on when rolled out.
I'm sure you will be able to turn it off
I dont know what kind of CRAZY KILLER friends you all have on facebook. I only have relatives and close friends I see and talk to on a normal occasion.
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really
+1
But yeah, why do people freak out about this? I usually see people updating their status with "i'm at the mall, movies etc?". I guess they have to panic now and go back and check in their homes to make sure no one is trying to break into their homes.
more...
CG Wallpaper Calendar,Question for folks who have gone (or purchased ticket voucher). From the looks of it, you buy a voucher, which you then redeem online for a ticket, correct? Can you buy the voucher now, but fill in the attendee ticket details at a later time? I'm going to buy, but there's the off chance I won't be able to attend, so I'd like to give the ticket to someone else.
Yes. I got mine this morning, and buying a ticket is separate from activating it. After you buy, you'll get a link to activate it, and you could forward that link to someone else if you can't go. Once one person activates it, however, it becomes non-transferable.
Desktop Wallpaper CalendarMacRumors
Mar 19, 03:44 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/19/apple-offering-discounted-ipad-10-packs-to-educational-institutions/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/03/19/164323-ipad_10_pack.jpg
mai Calendrier WallpaperExactly, for those folks who think Kodak was just a film company you're totally off base. They had the diversity but not the vision to adjust to the transition and ended up wholesale auctioning their future. Kinda what we're doing as a country right now.
Kodak believed that their "customers" were the drug stores that did the film developing -- and those drug stores hated the idea of digital photography. So instead of focusing on the their real customers (i.e.: those who used their camera and film) they played to the whims of the drug stores and the entire digital revolution passed them by.
Funny though, one of the best cameras we ever had for producing decent photos was the one that used their magnetic film and showed you what the picture you just took looked like on a little LCD screen. If you did not like the picture you could mark it for "do not develop" and then take another. You saved money on developing bad photos this way and you were still using film (albeit a new kind of film). I can still remember the commercial for that camera with the young couple visiting in Italy trying to get different locals to take photos of them in a specific spot so they could make it look just like an old photo they had of one of their parents in the same spot from decades earlier. Each photo that turned out wrong was marked to not be developed and then they would try again until they got the perfect shot. Funny how they did not see that digital photography accomplished the same thing but in a better way. They really missed the boat.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)
Laptop Hunters Reloaded.
Predictable result: record Mac sales this quarter. Pretty much what's been happening every quarter. MS and Ballmer have been bleating the same tired garbage for years: Macs are expensive, get a PC!
Except now, the netbook market is drying up, Apple has passed everyone in profit, market cap, etc., MS Windoze Phone 2007 is about as exciting as waiting for a NoDo update, and they have sweet f all in the tablet market. MS is moving from embarrassment to embarrassment. They should just allow users to install Office on the Xbox and play with Clippy.
MS latest campaign is attacking Apple at the top of their game, when they're changing the face if tech across the board. And MS wants to tell consumers to please please buy a ****** PC instead?? Really?? Totally insane.
Of course, unsurprisingly, Steve Ballmer actually thinks this is a brilliant idea.
I'm thinking leaving work early on Friday and heading to the Southlake store will be a fun way to start off my weekend. I'm also hoping this isn't as crazy as an iPhone launch. I don't think it will be.
Imbalance
Oct 27, 06:24 AM
Here are some photos I took at the launch... I resized them to 350px as the forum script was re-encoding them and they had horrible JPEG artefacts over the thumbnails previously.
No way in hell. They've already asked their developers to change app resolutions once. 3 screen sizes will never fly with developers.
99.999% likelihood of this being total nonsense.
0 comments:
Post a Comment