That's really interesting! You just held "c" at boot to load up the XP CD?
I'm guessing you still needed to use a "slipstreamed" XP SP2 CD with the SATA drivers installed so it doesn't run in dog slow PIO mode
Where the hell did you find chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, sound card drivers etc? :confused:
You still need a driver CD from Apple for all that...you can get that from someone that installed Bootcamp....
Supposedly the new EFI update for Mac Pro (just released) solves the PIO problem without needs to slipstream the XP CD. I won't know until tomorrow, however I already did the slipstream install....so who knows what will happen.
Love Hurts - episode 1x06http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5520365719_1c7443dc0a_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/damoncrane/5520365719/in/photostream/)
Nice one! :)
more...
Love Hurts - episode 1x06I might just be missing something here but how does this imply that Apple is putting thunderbolt in here?
I can see where they made the minidisplay port (which is the same form factor as thunderbolt) a dual channel now instead of just a one way channel but wouldn't it say thunderbolt instead of minidisplay port? or is a dual channel minidisplay port just a thunderbolt port? and if minidisplay is on the current 30-pin how is it currently used--do you need an adapter for USB to minidisplay?
i guess i am kind of answering my own question here but does that mean in the future if apple were to say make its own TV one could use the 30-pin connector to plug right into the back of a TV (into a minidisplay port) and play movies/music like that without the need for an HDMI cable?
thx for any help or clarification!
Love Hurts | DesiComments.comdecimortis
Apr 5, 12:08 PM
100% FAKE.
Everyone knows the new iPod isn't going to have a screen.
D.
Love Hurts.Maybe I'm just too old school, but I'm a bit resentful of the fact that it's touted as a priviledge to have the opportunity to pay $2 to watch a missed TV show. I hope I'm wrong, but having joined the HDTV crowd about 6 months ago, I'm struggling to find a way to do what I've always been able to do for free in the past -- record a TV show at the same quality it was piped in to my home in the first place.
Good luck with that. The world of broadcasting is doing everything they can to keep you from doing it.
Time Warner Cable here in NC has HD DVR that works 'good enough' that has me not caring that I got rid of my TiVo after 5 years of having them. It records all the HD channels in full HD. I can get about 24 hours of programming in HD, or 70 - 80 hours in SD.
Yes this still bothers me. It makes great demo, to borrow a phrase from Fearless Leader, but it's scratched in some way in the first 5 minutes and after a month, Ugh... after a year: Scratchapalooza.
I�m completed annoyed! Are they nuts! How can Jon Ive present this design to Steve Jobs with a straight face when it�s clearly a flawed back? Do they not put this thing through real world testing?! Good lord, it makes me mad!:mad:
Where is everyone getting a key for this?:confused:
gauchogolfer
Sep 25, 09:52 AM
www.tuaw.com
Reports release of Aperture 1.5
Details to follow.
I can confirm that SATA drives run at full speed now in WindowsXP.
You got this from the update? Does this mean we no longer need to slipstream the drivers to get XP to recognize the drives at normal speed?
Having to deal with the slow drives is keeping me from installing Windows. If the update makes that easier, I might go for it. I'll probably put Windows on it's own drive and then boot off it.
Its all about respect for the office. The others are wearing jackets and/or button-up shirts. Just because you don't give a ____ does not mean you have to be disrespectful and show your lack of class.
I don't disagree with you at all. He did the same thing at an EU summit on e-commerce.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/09/steve-jobs-joins-ceos-mick-jagger-for-e-commerce-roundtable.ars
0 comments:
Post a Comment