You can't boot XP from CD on a Mac. You can't you can't you can't. The Mac boots using EFI, which XP doesn't support.
You need to use Boot Camp to install it, as legacy BIOS emulation has to be loaded specifically for XP.
No...the EFI room supports BIOS emulation. Bootcamp is nothing more than a GUI to access the Disk Utility to resize the HD partition, Set the proper Boot volume, and burn a Driver CD.
You can totally install XP without even installing Bootcamp, however you do need the drivers.
If you boot and hold the option key down then insert the XP cd, you WILL see it there, and you CAN boot from it. However you will need to have the HD's partitioned and set up ahead of time, and the BootCamp utility makes that easier.
The BIOS emulation is a feature built into EFI...Apple had it disabled on the MacBook Pro, and the first firmware upgrade enabled it, and since then Apple has had it enabled on all current models.
more...
Goku Super Saiyan 2000.AppleScruff1
Apr 22, 05:21 PM
The report found that 67% of Mac users have a college or advanced degree, as opposed to 54% of PC users. Mac loyalists are 80% more likely than PC users to be vegetarians, and, unlike PC fans, would rather ride a Vespa scooter than a Harley.
Mac users also are more likely to describe themselves as computer-savvy and "early adopters."
1. Real men ride Harleys.
And Mac users consider themselves as computer savy, LOL! They prefer a simple OS that a monkey could use. Now that's savy.
dragon ball gt goku superWirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)
Devil's Advocate:
I bought a Netbook Holiday Special ($199 normally $399 with ATI chip and graphics and Win 7 Home Premium) from the MS Store last Dec.
MS took off the manufacturer's build (with tons of bloat-ware) and put their own on. It included a lot MS of extras (photo, video editing, music editor - sounding familiar?) and their premium Anti-Virus with lifetime subscription.
When it booted, it only asked for my username and the type of network to connect to (again - familiar? LOL)
I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever... :eek:
Just food for thought...
A lot of people on this board forget that Windows is the OS leader for a reason...
Universal licensing.
more...
Dragonball Gt Wallpapers.Clive At Five
Dec 2, 10:00 AM
I'll take my own definition over Apple's or yours. Seriously, the phone is damn good looking, but you'll take Apple's opinion over your on?
Lol, touch�. Burn those fanboys!
Draw Super Saiyan Goku Fromsilentnite
Apr 27, 09:30 AM
At this point price is the only thing that concerns me. Hoping apple keeps the same price point as Snow leopard and the upgrade coming in at $29. or $49 on DVD
more...
Tags: dragonballtriceretops
Apr 12, 08:14 PM
:eek:
I use Office for work stuff, but Numbers, Pages and Keynote for all my personal stuff. I like the latter better.
Anyway, I don't think I will attempt to download this on the 300 kbs connection I have here at the hotel that drops out occasionally. Think I will wait until I get home later this week to get this.
15" MacBook Pro i7, G4 400, G4 867, Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 1G, iPod 1G
Db gt super tonov , unable togauchogolfer
Sep 26, 03:50 AM
Apple is right to sue IMO, what does the Pod in Podcasting refer to? The iPod of course!
If not for the iPod, Podcasting would have no meaning.
Unfortunately, I don't think that this type of extension is really defensible. There must be limits on what Apple can trademark and control with reference to the word 'pod'. What about the website 'podshow'? Should they be allowed to register? Extending the reach of the iPod brand into regions that are phonetically the same i.e. myPodder, is troubling to me, but less so than iPodder, for example. Defending the "brand name" iPod is a completely different issue from preventing other uses of the word "pod" in the digital media sphere.
more...
Goku (Super Saiyan III)Eraserhead
Apr 13, 01:01 PM
So if there are no objections is there any chance we could implement this?
Tags: dragonball, gtw_parietti22
Sep 14, 04:59 PM
I find it funny that people come here for medical advice! :rolleyes: ever heard of a Doctor? :p
more...
dragon ball gt goku superSo: The lenses are not any different really.
Thank you...
Goku amp; Vegeta Super Saiyan 4.Hi, I read the whole thread and just couldn't find the settings...
Thx
Check the DNS settings in network setup in your computers, and in your router/modem. See what you have. Your ISP should have servers they recommend, try them. Or you can search the internet for other DNS servers, try some public ones out, like the aforementioned Google.
If they are set fine in your router/modem, you can set your computers to nothing or to the IP of your router, which is usually something like 192.168.0.1.
I've seen computers (or modems) that end up with half a dozen DNS servers listed, maybe not even typed in properly, and it would sit and wait with a blank page for 5 seconds before loading any webpage. Cleaning up DNS with a good server usually drops that wait time.
I also once had a similar problem to Popeye's, where I couldn't go to certain websites. I can't remember specifics, I think I replaced my Qwest DNS with Verizon's or something and it cleaned that up. That was many years ago, it's a little foggy.
more...
Dragon Ball Gt Goku Supercaspersoong
Apr 7, 07:09 AM
True. If only it supported reading usb flash drives, I could abandon my laptop except for syncing. So instead, I got an iPod.
dragon ball gt goku super4S. I like the name, and it makes sense to keep continuity with the previous naming scheme (3GS). I guess we'll see a true iPhone 5 next summer.
Agree... The 's' is for any thing that you want...
S= speedy, snazzy, stupendous, supper, sassy, spot-on, statiscally-supper-spot-on, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...
Dragon Ball Gt Goku SuperWelcome gman20 to the team :)
Your stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=510277
Great to see some new users, also great to see our active users increase :D
welcome to the team!
yes it's great to see new users! we need as many as we can get!
ok mines turned on :D ps3 will start the night shift tonight :D
nice :)
But...
Will it blend?
That is the question!
I am using iPhone 3GS here, but I miss my old phone that could do all that.
And if iPhone can do that, it'd be great for all the east asian countries that have RFID stuff in their everyday life; like Japan, Hong Kong/China and such.
I'm thinking that the Asian market is one of the large reasons why Apple is going forward with RFID implementation. The lack of RFID functionality was one of the major gripes Japanese users had with the iPhone. Which is partly the reason that the iPhone is not as successful there.
w_parietti22
Sep 18, 12:14 AM
Other than that, I dunno.. go to starbucks or something to meet people? A singles mixer? *shrug*
I was in starbucks the other day and there was like 3 women using Macs. (2 PBs and a iBook)
Consultant
May 2, 12:46 PM
The white iphone 4 plastic edge seems very slightly thicker though.
TwinCities Dan
Mar 13, 02:19 PM
VZW iPhone here as well, everything is fine. :rolleyes:
0 comments:
Post a Comment