
Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr.A very "noobish" question.....Are iMac's upgradable? The reason i ask is because my current computer is a Dell XPSONE 24 (all in one machine). It has been great, but is rapidly becoming outdated. I can no longer update my graphics card without issues and due to the machines design i cannot upgrade the graphics card. (power supply cannot handle anything better).
I am really considering the iMac because i love the all-in-one designs and fits what i need. However, i don't want to be stuck in this same situation in 2 -3 years.
You can upgrade memory and harddrives (there are two internal connectors and if you count the optical drive, three) but opening up requires suction cups (and preferably a dust-free environment).
But more importantly, the standard way to upgrade a Mac is sell the old model and get a new one. The resale value of used Macs is pretty high, have a look at E-bay prices.
odybuilder ArnoldHyper-Threading (Intel Core i7 only) � a technology that allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. So a quad-core iMac has eight virtual cores, all of which are recognized by Mac OS X. This enables the processor to deliver faster performance by spreading tasks more evenly across a greater number of cores.
-.-
arnold schwarzeneggerSo the reason apple charges more is because??? Seems like google is a better deal.
1. Professional conferences cost that much.
2. Apple sends 1000 of their engineers that you can talk with. Who is Google sending? How accessible are they?
3. WWDC is more days.
Number 2 above is one of the reasons that it would be difficult to move to a larger venue. It might accommodate more people, but the real value is getting to talk with Apple engineers and ask questions. If they made the venue larger, your chances of getting to talk with them becomes slim. It's a tough problem to solve.
ScreenShots:benhollberg
Mar 29, 08:03 AM
Looks like there are some tickets to WWDC on eBay.
more...
quot;Bodybuilding is much likebluebomberman
Jul 12, 07:28 PM
I'm at a loss trying to figure out how this thread got a bit crazy...
The actual program used in Snowy's case matters little in getting it ready for the printer. You give the printer the file to print, and he/she will print it for you. Doesn't matter if it's a pdf from Word, a pdf from Pages, a doc from Word, an Indesign file, or a Quark Express file. If they can open the file, they can print it.
Again, most copy shops have elaborate folding, binding, stapling, and saddle stitching services that don't require the customer to figure out how to non-sequentually order pages. A skilled copy machine operator should be able to set up the job in less than 10 minutes.
arnold schwarzeneggerwhy the hell would I but Vista anyway?
You know things are bad when even the fanboys are making similar arguments...
Sticking with Windows XP in a Windows Vista World (http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_xp_apps.asp)
B
more...
arnold-schwarzenegger-roids2I think you are all wrong. On the BMW model names "ix" stands for a fuel injection engine and four-wheel drive. I believe there is an OS M coming for certain BMW models.
Arnold Schwarzenegger#39;sgene munster's opinions should be flushed down the drain. wish i had a job where i could get paid to make crazy statements. i don't recall his "analysis" being correct..ever!!
more...
in Arnold Schwarzenegger,Why do people get so angry about the hypothetical details of a rumoured service? It's all conjecture anyway!
I'm hoping for a service that includes video; so I can store any purchased video as well as any home videos I upload and stream them to iphone and appleTV. Tack that on to MobileMe and cut the price a bit, and I'm in. I'd pay more than 20 for that. I might even buy an AppleTV2 to go with it rather than go to the trouble of hacking my AppleTV1 to work with the service.
But hey, if it doesn't happen, no biggie. I've been meaning to hack my AppleTV1 to work with an external HD anyway. If they provide the service and it's good, I'll pay for it and buy a new AppleTV, if they don't I'll be hack-upgrading the ATV1.
6000 Bodybuilding PicturesWhy no Thunderbolt cards for MacPro users?
more...
Arnold#39;s RoutineLeondunkleyc
Aug 15, 04:14 PM
.
Free Download BodybuildingThis whole debate is a clever conspiracy by Apple, trying to get us each to buy two iPhones just so we can line them up. Come to think of it, I did buy two iPhones so their plan is working!
more...
arnold schwarzeneggerappleguy123
Apr 27, 04:54 PM
Very odd not to vote for the next highest vote getter to save yourself. Even if he is a fellow wolf.
In this game there is a kamikaze and a infectious wolf. Strategy plays a part when they can control who gets lynched.
Bodybuilding Wallpapers, WomanMrCrowbar
Jul 24, 08:44 PM
Sounds cool to me. I guess all those people worried about fungerprints on the potencially touch screen iPod are psyched about this. So it is a touchscrenn you don't actually touch? This could really work out if done right. I wonder if you can still control your iPod in your pocked without having to look at it though... the iPod remote will come in handy if not :)
more...
arnold schwarzeneggerKernkrafty
Apr 28, 04:32 PM
Yeah, yeah, it's nice and it's nice to have it after all the waiting...
but will it blend?
Arnold Schwarzenegger willten-oak-druid
Apr 29, 02:55 PM
I think the Amazon mp3's are of a lower bit rate though. I have a few and that was the case. Perhaps that has changed.
I stil prefer to own CD's and import them. Generally I can find the CD for less than the full album on-line. But I do by from itunes or amazon when I only want one song from an artist.
more...
Arnold Schwarzeneggerirmongoose
Jul 11, 07:05 PM
WE HAVE COMPETITION!! Thank you, at last... :sniff:
This is war.
irmongoose
Arnold SchwarzeneggerCEAbiscuit
Jul 25, 08:12 AM
I wonder if it will moo?;)
The Arnold Bodybuilding ShowFull of Win
Apr 22, 04:51 PM
Good to see Apple catching up to the features Palm introduced two and a half years ago.
AppliedVisual
Dec 1, 07:47 PM
On a feTw occaszzzions I have noticed that MY CAT HAS A TENDENCY to hacsssk my laptop when I12212111113e'm trying to fill out threadwww replies on 432222222222222222 macrum2ors3. I'm thinking apple might still be AT FAULTQ ON THIS QONE.
My cat is 1 l33t h4x0r too. Although, he's more of a problem at my desktop and he ALWAYS comes around when I'm gaming online and usually at a critical moment. ...He just knows.
I think I'm filing a patent for a USB-powered cat-zapper notebook/display peripheral tomorrow. :D
Xenomorph
Apr 14, 12:31 PM
Can anyone confirm if the 4.2.7 CDMA release contains the Safari update from 4.3?
Why would it?? It's not a feature release.
#.#.X releases are bug fix releases.
haha, here's what would have been had microsoft designed the ipod from the beginning...
now, this is only the packaging...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pXL5_RvGrs&search=microsoft%20ipod
On the Software part of the wireless MM page, there is a picture that shows a stack of new options and a slightly redesigned preference pane - I hope those options aren't wireless-only, I just plugged in my MM and they aren't there.
Software Update coming??That's the normal Mighty Mouse pane. It changes to that when you're using one. I can see you've never used one...
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Seriously? An apple rumors forum is no place fo a shareholder? That's absurd.
"As you can see 260K people bought HTC Thunderbolt since Verizon started selling them (about a month). This translates to about 3 million phones annually. Clearly the demand is there. Also, you keep forgetting that other phones have swappable batteries."
If you want to play numbers, the iPhone on Verizon (same carrier as thunderbolt) sold 2.2 million in two months, compared to a quarter million in one month for tbolt. Saying that equals 3million annually 1) makes it compete better with the iPhone over two months on a single carrier and 2) assumes that the numbers remain constant. Being that people are figuring out that the battery life is dreadful (and you forget that the majority of the market doesn't want to swap batteries like it's 1999) and that android phones have a short cycle of being the hottest new thing, I don't think there's a basis to assume consistent sales in line with their opening month. Numbers can say anything when there's no common sense behind it.
I mentioned these numbers to prove totally different point namely that there are plenty of people who want LTE. Also, HTC probably has ten or so smartphone models. If all of them were as successful as Thunderbolt HTC would already be ahead of Apple :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment